Having a rodent scurry from under the refrigerator is enough to make most people scream. After seeing them in your home, you may feel stressed, dirty, or just alarmed. The truth is that rodents infest homes for multiple reasons and it isn’t always cluttered, messy homes that end up housing a few dozen beady eyed, furry creatures. If you suspect that you have a rodent problem, hiring the best rodent control service in Las Vegas will help get these critters out of your home for good.
Do I have a rat or mouse problem?
A professional pest control technician can treat your home for both rats and mice. But if you want to know what type of problem you have on your hands, there are a few different signs that can help you distinguish the difference between these two types of rodents.
If you have a rat problem:
- Rats can cause significant damage to homes. They have powerful gnawing abilities and can chew through various materials, including wood, plastic, and even electrical wiring.
- Rat infestations can lead to structural damage as they burrow through walls, insulation, and other building materials.
- Rats are also known carriers of diseases that can be transmitted to humans, making their presence a potential health concern.
If you have a mouse infestation:
- Mice, such as the house mouse, are smaller than rats and generally cause less extensive damage.
- They can still gnaw on materials, including wiring and insulation, but their smaller size means the damage might be less severe compared to rats.
- Mice are also capable of contaminating food and surfaces with their droppings and urine, potentially leading to health risks.
Call the best rodent control in Las Vegas
If you discover some stored away items that have been chewed up or find stashed food or bird seed in secluded spaces in your home, you may have a rodent infestation. Getting these pests out of your home as soon as possible will help the situation from getting worse because rodents are constantly breeding, making a bigger problem. It also reduces the risk of having your food contaminated from a rodent, possibly passing diseases to you and your family.
A pest professional will inspect your home for possible entry points. A trained technician will repair or seal up any places that rodents are using to get into your home. Then, a rodent control expert will treat your home for rodents to eliminate that problem.
In Las Vegas, our team at Pest Raiders are happy to get rid of any rat or mouse that has decided to move in with you. We will quickly and safely eradicate the rodents from your home. If you need help with a rodent problem, give Pest Raiders a call today.