Ants do not do anything halfway. If they decide that your home provides enough food for their colony, they are going to be pouring into your home to find every morsel. Discovering what is drawing the ants into your home and where their nest is located are two factors that can help you eliminate your perplexing ant problem from your Las Vegas home. If you need to get rid of the ants immediately, calling in a pest professional can exterminate these persistent pests before the problem gets out of hand.
What attracts ants?
Several different types of ants call Las Vegas home, including the painful fire ants, harmless ghost ants, and the pavement ants. All types of ants use pheromones to leave a scent trail for the rest of the worker ants to find and follow. If they find something they want to eat, such as sugar, honey, or fruit, they will soon set up a trail along your kitchen floor or even across the wall to the source of food.
But it isn’t just a matter of not dropping crumbs on the floor of your kitchen. Other places in your home can also attract ants, such as:
- Leaky pipes under the sink, or constant wetness around the refrigerator ice dispenser can attract ants.
- If you have indoor pets, you may feed your pets in the kitchen, essentially leaving out food for ants.
- If you have stored food that is not in airtight containers, like a cereal box, for example, ants may find the motherload food source in your pantry.
Keeping a tidy home is the best way to keep ants out of your house. To prevent ants from entering your kitchen:
- Use an all purpose cleaner to wipe down surfaces and countertops.
- Sweep up crumbs or use a wet rag to wipe up sticky spots from surgery drink spills or honey.
- Caulk around windows and door frames. Ants can enter through tiny cracks so checking for small entry points will help keep ants from coming in.
- Keep food in airtight containers.
- Spray white vinegar around possible entry points to deter ants from entering.
If ants have already found that your Las Vegas home is meeting all their colony’s needs, a trusted pest professional can easily treat the ants in and around your home so they are no longer a problem. By eliminating ant nests or mounds, an ant control service can stop the flow of ants into your home.
For Las Vegas residents, Pest Raiders is the best name in the business to eliminate your ant problem. Our experienced technicians will make sure that all ants in your home or outside of your home are eradicated.